10.20.2010

do YOU ever watch youtube?

Man: Jim, do you ever watch youtube?

I'm sitting in Starbucks (no I'm not telling you where it is! And if you've guessed, you're wrong!) with my shitty earbuds in, and people are assuming I'm listening to music. In reality I can listen in on other people's conversations in an inconspicuous way. This might be my new hobby.

These two older men are sitting nearby. They seem to be writers of some kind, with a particular interest in the middle east. They had a great conversation about Tom Friedman. Very smart guys.

Man: Speaking of parallel universes...

I came here with the intention to write my MCM essay about voyeurism, cinematic pleasure, freudian psychoanalysis, and Alfred Hitchcock.
I'm finding it strangely fitting that my preferred method of procrastination is basically being a creeper. Just like Jeffries in Rear Window! So relevant!

I'm just trying to make the most of my Ivy League education over here. Applying new concepts to everyday life. Not being a freak at all.

Jim: I don't know where the truth lies.
Man: Somewhere... deep down below.

... I really wish I knew what that was about.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

B.H.E. Becker said...

damn,
then I have no clue which of the ones it is down the hill
but Im pretty sure it really is the one I said and youre bullshitting