10.07.2010

my secret starbucks

I have discovered the most wonderful place in the world, and I'm not going to give you directions.
It's mine, and I think what I like about it is that it's not overrun with college kids.

I'll say that it's a starbucks, and it's off college hill, and I have to take a bus to get here, but a short bus ride, and it's worth it. I came here once before after my unsurprisingly hellish dentist appointment earlier, and the guy behind the counter showed me their new Clover coffee machine and we had a nice chat about coffee connoisseurship.
I figured I'd come back today and get some work done.
So I hop on my bus to this undisclosed location, and get in line, and then I decide I'm in a fall latte mood. It's pleasantly windy out. So I ask whether the toffee mocha latte is good, and the woman behind the counter advises me that it's a little too sweet for her tastes, but if I don't like it they'll make me something else.
Then I see new flavors of VIA (starbucks insta-coffee) on the table, and feel the need to investigate, and they offer me a sample! The woman explains that it was made with steamed milk, so I ask how to steam milk, because I honestly don't know. And she says, "Well, you can microwave it, or heat it over the stove."

They assumed I had a stove at my disposal!

What a wonderful feeling. To top it all off, the guy accidentally made me a grande latte instead of a tall, and apologized.

This is great. This is the kind of place that has regulars. Real live Providence people. I love it.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: