10.13.2010

things one needs in college

I have an exciting announcement, and that announcement is that I want you to buy things!
I've signed up for Amazon Associates, so I'm going to be posting links to thing on amazon every once in a while, and if you end up buying those things or using those links or something, I getmoney.
Honestly, I'm only going to link to things that I actually think you should buy, because obviously if I linked to things that sucked, no one would buy them, and then everyone losesbecause I waste your time and I don't even get paid to waste your time. I'm not sadistic. Not really.

Anyway, I kind of want to experiment with this. Without further ado, a list of things I have decided one needs in college in new england, and links to buy these things if they strike your fancy.
The links are the pictures. Snazzy!

1. Rain Boots.

It rains here all the damn time. The thing about college though is that at home, when it rained, I had to try to stay dry on the 30 second walk from school to the tram stop. Here, classes can be legitimately across campus from one another, and there's a lot of rain-walking going on.
Um also let's try to get "rain-walking" to catch on. I'm thinking it could be a cool dance move.

2. Headphones
Mine are broken and it's killing me. Earbuds will not do the trick in college. I might end up buying these. They're selling at Urban Outfitters for like, sixty bucks, but you can get them online for basically half that, which gets me excited.

3. Coffee machine
You need one that doubles as a tea kettle, because sometimes when you steal someone else's tea kettle, they want it back. Ridiculous, I know. Anyway, coffee in the Ratty is terrible and I'd rather have my own in my room, and be able to make tea and soup and whatnot at my leisure.

And, on that note...

4. Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee. One of the flavored ones.

I'm actually somewhat obsessed with this. The unflavored ones taste like instant coffee (which is not the best thing to taste like), but the caramel flavored one tastes delicious. Apparently if you make it with steamed milk it's even better, but who the hell steams milk?

Also...
Because who doesn't want hot cocoa when it's cold? (And of course I'm partial to the Swiss)

6. A cool book about linguistics
How else will people know how independently driven and curious you are? Read in public places.
Also, I just really like Steven Pinker, and if you're a fan of linguistics you should definitely read this. It's very cool.

7. A drinking camera
i.e. A camera that you won't worry about. I love Turtle the DSLR dearly, and I don't want anything to happen to him. Which is why I bought Lucy, refurbished, for $75. I can take her to frats without being too concerned about the repercussions. She's sturdy.

8. Wall decor
This poster is on my wall right now. It's great. Boring walls suck. I can't really give you any better reasons to buy a poster than that.

This is my new experiment, guys. Basically all I'm asking is that if you know you need to buy something off of amazon, you get there from here. Or not. It really doesn't matter.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

John White said...

Hahahahahaha, I love this post for so many reasons