10.19.2010

maybe i should learn to cook at some point...

Chris W
At home alone and having to make dinner. This is why I need a girlfriend
Kyle M
like the last one would have be helpful in such a situation?
(Chris W and Clara B like this)
I really can't cook. I've been ridiculed for my inability to make a sandwich (turns out, I'm a failure as a woman. Who knew?).
Yesterday I made a quesadilla in the Ratty. That felt like an accomplishment.

All of this has me thinking, what the hell am I going to eat when I eventually leave this place?
I do enjoy culinary-type activities. I made bruschetta once. I felt very accomplished.

That said, I can hardly get my shit together as it is. What would I do with one other necessary task? Probably eat out a lot.
I'd say that describes most of my youth, actually. We did Pita House or Indian food or Thai food or something along those lines on a fairly regular basis. Not all the time, but a significant amount. I can't fully comprehend those families in which the parents cook a meal every night. How do they have time for that?
(Even more baffling is the family in which everyone eats together every night. We did that maybe once a week, and it was an event)

I don't know. I guess I could manage to cook for myself, but feeding a family is way outside my area. I could bake cookies, I guess. And make lots of soup. If I had access to tomatoes and feta, I could probably put together a Greek salad (minus the olives, of course, because... ew).

And bruschetta.

Oh, by the way, if anyone wants to legitimize their identities by way of print publications, you should buy a magazine from this website tonight. It's cheap, and it helps Jeanette somehow, and the future of print media is in our generation's hands.
If you feel compelled, I'd recommend that you do this within the next 24 hours.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Thomas said...

AGREED. I've been home alone this whole week, and I realised I can only cook pasta.
Fortunately I'm a fan.

Otherwise though, AGREED AGAIN. We sit down on a Sunday to eat together, and it's only an event because we end up arguing. love it so much