10.05.2010

songs to distract me from scarring korean films

So today for Modern Culture and Media, we watched a highly relevant and critically acclaimed Korean film called "Oldboy". Basically, people lose limbs and tongues and teeth and incest is everywhere, and I don't recommend it.

So instead of talking about that any further, I decided it would be worthwhile to wander around youtube and post songs I like, and some intermittent real conversations.



John: They were so cute. I basically stalked them.
Genevieve: I stalked a couple in high school too. It was an interracial couple.
John: Were you friends with them?
Genevieve: No.



Alex: Does it rain when it snows?
Genevieve: It doesn't rain. It snows.
Alex: OH! The rain IS the snow!



In the process of writing this blog post, my headphones broke. This is not okay!
I am so angry. I've only had these headphones for like, a year, and they were fairly expensive, and I loved them so much because they were blue and I felt so cool when I wore them, and now they only play sound in one ear, which gives me basically the biggest headache in the world. Thanks a lot, Urban Outfitters. Now I'm using crappy earbuds which fall apart all the time.



Before I was in college, I'd complain for a bit and I'd buy some new ones but now I have to think about my purchases. So I'm tempted to just stay with my crappy earbuds or buy other crappy headphones, but those will just break just as quickly. And I'll be angry again, and they won't even be as good to begin with. And there's no solution, because I wouldn't be able to afford legitimately nice ones. And mine looked cool, and let's be real for a moment- the hardcore audiophile quality headphones all look ridiculous, and not in the way that I tend to strive for. Fuck this. I need happy music even more now.


No luck. The bad mood persists.

Love always,
Clara

2 comments:

Daphna said...

glad you're liking those oasis/two door cinema club mashups. i thought they were very cool (especially as a pair).

James said...

I disagree. I must say that I am a big fan of Park Chan Wook and his movies, especially Oldboy. And I do love that Oasis mashup