10.13.2010

um, hi.

Let me tell you some facts about myself.
  • I have brought no less than eight pairs of sunglasses to college.
  • I have no idea what the fuck we talk about in Modern Culture and Media
  • Somehow it looks like everyone has more work than me.
  • I can't listen to songs on repeat. It ruins it. (Which is why I'm so OCD about my mix CDs)
  • I'm actually OCD about a lot of things including: my rug being flat, my statistics on last.fm, where I sit in economics (mostly because it's caused problems in the past), and my ongoing scrabble games with my parents.
  • Yeah, I play scrabble with my parents. I'm beating my dad at the moment.
  • I get underestimated a lot.
  • I have more scarves in my possession than some people have pants.
  • I'm still figuring out the social-interaction thing.
  • I'm afraid I'm often nostalgic for things that never existed.
  • I'm allergic to nickel. This interferes with my love of cheap jewelry, or my unwillingness to spend more than $15 on a watch.
  • Actually, I'm usually unwilling to spend more than $15 on anything at all, but somehow money still seems to fly away as soon as I get my hands on it.
  • I name inanimate objects.
  • I'm very protective of my music tastes. Some things are sacred, right?
  • I wish I had more "awesome thrift store finds." So far, I have an oversized Ralph Lauren sweater, and an oversized polo shirt. I also had a very long pearl necklace that I got at a flea market in Neuchatel. For whatever reason, the only things that appeal to me in thrift stores are larger-than-usual prep staples.
  • I miss the days when Death Cab for Cutie seemed to know everything about me.
  • I make weird faces in pictures, because I'm fairly certain I'm going to end up looking weird anyway, and I'd rather it be on purpose.
I felt like I hadn't blogged anything substantial today.
This feels substantial now.
Good.

Love always,
Clara

2 comments:

adelailene said...

I used to *live* by DCFC. Had phases when I'd be obsessed with one song and would listen to it non-stop. Then move to the next one. And the next. And then the next album. Then the next.

Now,not so much.

John White said...

The nostalgia one reminds me of my favorite Garden State quote!!!
"Maybe that's all family really is: a group of people that all miss the same imaginary place."