6.30.2009

A few lists

Right now chili is at the foot of my bed licking my toes. It's 1:35 AM, but it feels like 10:35 PM, so I have no desire to go to sleep. Instead I've been looking over some german and having an iTunes binge.

The first adjectives they teach you in this german course
  • Old (alt)
  • Working/Employed (berufstatig)
  • Divorced (geschieden)
  • Good (gut)
  • Small (klein)
  • Single (ledig)
  • New (neu)
  • Married (verheiratet)
Things I did on my 5 hour flight home
  • Read a terrible teenage girl book that I bought at the airport (it was "Along for the Ride" by Sarah Dessen. I don't know what compelled me except the 'Oh-hey-I'm-in-an-airport-bookstore-and-want-reading-material' impulse)
  • Read magazines
  • Watched "Sunshine Cleaning", which was not funny but kind of interesting to watch
  • Played with my chair. It was like the chairs at the dentist and you could move it with buttons... Mom got us into First Class again. She is beast that way.
  • Drank a lot of water and tea
  • Got up every hour. Which was approximately five times, seeing as it was a five hour flight...
Songs I just downloaded
  • Blue Mind - Alexi Murdoch
  • All My Days - Alexi Murdoch
  • What Sarah Said - Death Cab for Cutie
  • 405 - Death Cab for Cutie
  • Elevator Love Letter - Stars [also known as 'the elevator song' to those who have known me recently in an elevator] [Oh dear, not in the biblical sense]
  • Brand New Colony - The Postal Service
  • The District Sleeps Alone Tonight - The Postal Service
  • On the Wing - Owl City
  • Swimming in Miami - Owl City
  • Captains and Cruise Ships - Owl City
Things I miss about film camp
  • The marvelous human beings who I won't bother to name seeing as there are few enough that it would be plausible but many enough that it would be annoying.
  • The elevator
  • A 13:2 male female ratio
  • Being a "bra"
  • Filming stuff
  • Really lame pranks by the guys
  • ... NOT
  • Gay tuesdays (sort of)
  • Business time!
Things I'm finding interesting right now
  • Documentaries
  • Pomona College (visited this morning and liked it a lot)
  • Insomnia
  • The name "Thisbe" and other such Ovidian names and their validity in modern times
  • My dog, who has given up on licking my toes and is sitting by the door now. He likes Mom better.
  • Long phone conversations that are inexplicably continued although neither party has much specific interest in speaking to the other, just hearing oneself talk, and that these conversations are enjoyable
  • Just over a month of home
Love always,
Clara

No comments: