6.02.2009

Reading IS Fundamental!

My parents went to a No Good Horrible Very Bad fundraiser. About children's books.

Real Description of Real Fundraiser-
Dad: So the emcee says, raise your hand if you like to read. And then he says, raise both hands if you love to read. And then he says, if you love love love to read, raise both hands and wiggle all your fingers! And he talks about how when he asks that one to his fifth grade class, it makes him so happy to see all the little wiggling fingers.
Mom: And then he asks, "WHO HERE IS A TWIN? I'M A TWIN WHO LOVES TO READ!"

Then the guy who was supposed to play jazz in the background decided he wanted to hold a concert instead, so no one could talk during dinner. I heard all about it. It was very bad. My parents, feel guilty too, because they invited Blythe's parents, not knowing what a trainwreck it would be. They left, either because the lights went out at their house, or because it was that horrible a fundraiser. Possibly both. I do not blame them at all, in either case.

I was not there. I went to watch some James Bond movies but ended up watching Layercake, which is not James Bond but
  1. It is badass anyways
  2. It has Daniel Craig 
So that's certainly good enough for me.

Driving home, there was this awesome lightning that didn't have bolts, per se, but lit up the colors of the sky. Very cool.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: