6.04.2009

Proof that my mind doesn't work the way minds should

As if anyone doubted this.

My parents are having a book party right now for my neighbor who wrote a book about his old neighbor in Florida who happened to be like, the nation's biggest pot dealer/smuggler. The book is called "Weed" if any of you want to read it. 
Anyways.

I got a text from Cath a little bit ago. It said, "Clara love, dress!"
I interpreted this to mean "Clara, get dressed! Dress yourself!"
Which led to a few questions in my head, such as "Why?" and "How can she tell I am currently on my bed in very unattractive sweatpants?" and "Oh dear, can Cath see me? How? Is my webcam on? Is she HERE?"
I was alarmed. I like, peered down the stairs like maybe she'd be there, spying on me and giggling or something. My logical thought process was that perhaps my parents, knowing that Cath and Sam's parents were crazy liberals like ourselves, invited them to the Weed party, and Cath (and perhaps even Sam) came along, and snuck up to my room or something.

So I sent a text back that said "Haha what?"

And then I got out of bed very suspiciously and changed into a dress, like she told me to. And I did so inside my closet, just in case they could see me... I didn't want to strip for Cath.
(No offense)

I'm standing there feeling very confused in a dress when I get a text back. Cath had left her dress at my house a couple days ago and that was her way of reminding me to bring it to her.

Um... does that mean I can get back into my sweatpants?

Love always,
Clara

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hahaha. (Or should I say, "clickclickclickclick"?) Anyway, paranoid much?

eleni said...

that is one of my favorite blog posts. ever. i literally laughed out loud.
i love you. hahahaha
- eleni