6.19.2009

I'm a spaz, by the way.

As if you didn't know.

Last night we were all hanging out on the Berkley quad throwing a frisbee and throwing a football and reading and filming and generally being chill. I was filming mostly because
  • it was relevant to my documentary
  • I don't do things that require coordination.
So I found myself walking around, getting footage, being in the thick of things without really worrying about being good at sports.
And I'm standing there, minding my own business, filming something or other, and my peripheral vision sees a ball coming toward me (ish)
So my awesome reflexes say "OH MY GOD YOU'RE GOING TO GET HIT! GET DOWN! NOW! DANGER! AAAAHH!"
And I basically throw myself into the grass.

The frisbee landed safely... like, twenty feet away.

Overreaction? Yes.
Awkward? Certainly.

Love always,
Clara

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hahaha. Classic Clara.
I'm determined to out-comment Samlet, by the way.

Samlet said...

Clara, it is not leaving the planet, it is a twenty minute drive to New Bedford, and then a twenty five minute flight. It is really not difficult at all. I just think you don't like Katie, Cath, and I enough to visit.

chloe said...

i read this... and i missed u :(

clara said...

sam you've got me figured out. i secretly hate all three of you.
(and you aren't realizing that i have to assimilate into my new culture and the like. I have to create myself all over again, and if I'm gone in the very beginning, I'll cease to exist the whole time i'm there)