12.08.2009

gatsby, you just got analyzed. WHAT NOW?

I'm discussing college options (trying to narrow my list) with Dad.
Clara
also, I'm possibly dropping [college z] in favor of university of richmond. thoughts?
Dad
Good! even though your mother went there -- I think a better school, and much prettier.
I literally laughed aloud at this*. Like, "Just because your mother went there, that doesn't make it a bad school!"

I had something of a miniature nervous breakdown before English class, speaking of college stress and such.

Me: F**k this sh**. I have English class. I am going to analyze the sh** out of Gatsby! He won't even know what the f**k hit him! Bitches!

But I managed to talk about hookers twice in English today (once in reference to the word meretricious, once in explaining that Pygmalion liked the purity of his statue because the other women on the island were whores) , and briefly explain the allegory of the cave. That's all I ever wanted from this school- Prostitutes and Plato.
I can leave here happy.

Then I went to Müller (which is my CVS replacement, by the way) and bought lipstick and nail polish (both red) and hair conditioner.

*I'm currently realizing what a tragedy it is that we chose "laughing out loud" to abbreviate and not "laughing aloud". Imagine if all of our 7th grade AIM conversations were interspersed with 'la's all over the place!
That is a world I would like to live in.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: