12.14.2009

obviously.

Today I discovered that my whole life screams "AMERICAN." I learned this when I went to Loeb (the nicer of the grocery stores) this morning.

Loeb Guy: Auf wiedersehen (to someone else) ... Good morning (to me).

It was almost fascinating. I didn't even have to open my mouth and he immediately knew my german was not even halfway functional. I really want to know how he managed that.

The reason I was going to Loeb this morning is that I have managed to lose my wallet, and I figured I might as well check the last place I remember definitely having it. I went on a mini errand run yesterday, intending to drop off some film, but the camera store was closed so I went to Loeb and bought some IZZE juice (which they call MOJO juice here. But it's the same) and some yogurt.
My wallet wasn't there though.

When I was looking for it at home, I remembered that I'd put my yogurt in the refrigerator. It would not be unlike me to put two things down when I intend to put one thing down, so I checked the refrigerator.

Grace: What are you doing?
Me: Looking for my wallet.

Then I decided I probably wouldn't need my wallet to get to Mariam's house and back, because the people on the tram rarely check for a ticket (or, in my case, Libero card). So I went. And on the tram ride back, of course, right before my stop, a guy taps me on the shoulder and asks for my ticket/card.
Naturally.

Yesterday was a hell of a day and today is probably going to be a hell of a day as well. I can't say whether that will be a good thing or a bad thing just yet.

I can say that I never did find my wallet. I now have fifty euros that were left over from the Italy trip, and I'm going to trade them in for swiss francs at the bank today, and that should be okay until my parents get back from Copenhagen.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Srdjan said...

So... it must have been a good day. You got into Brown! Congrats! ;)