12.20.2009

here's what i like about you: you know how to dance

I have spent the past half hour downloading eighties music.
January 8th. ISBerne kids. You will want to be there. If only to see yours truly dressed up as a colorblind stripper. You know that's been on your to do list for a while.

Student council's ambitions (such as off campus privileges and constitutional drama) have overshadowed its only clearly defined responsibility: School Dances.
I'm talking to David on facebook chat.
He was under the impression that when I said I'm "organizing a dance," I meant I was choreographing something for the student council to perform. It was a moment of confusion for all of us when I said that was essentially our one true purpose.
David
dancing is your only responsibility? now i am all for small government but maybe its time to expand your authority
That, of course, is what we've been trying to do, but everyone has to go back to their roots at some point.
David
i have just discovered a naked person on my pillow
clara
hahahhahahahahaha
please explain yourself?
The naked people were on his pillow's tempurpedic logo. They may be men, they may be women. They are sexual ambiguous naked figures.
David
just like mommy always said, "use a pillow case, you never know how many sexually ambiguous figures are on your pillow"
Anyway, my new eighties music is as follows-

Push It - Salt-N-Peppa
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
All Night Long - Lionel Richie
She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby
What I Like About You - The Romantics
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics
Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
Straight Up - Paula Abdul
Call Me - Blondie

In maybe sixth grade, CeCe and Isabelle and I started an eighties cover band for about a day. 'Straight Up' and 'Girls Just Want to Have Fun' were our two songs. We rocked them, I think. I mean, of course we did.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: