12.02.2009

tomorrow is mariam's birthday

She's going to be eighteen, which is so unfair, because I would so much like to be eighteen, and she won't fully take advantage of her age.

A small bunch of us went to a toy store to buy her birthday present. And some chocolate. I bought myself some chocolate, because it was MOZART BALLS.

See, for those of you who were not on Madrigals trip in 08, Mozart Balls (which are actually called something else, for the record) are delicious chocolate things with hazelnut and praline and whatnot inside. I didn't know they were available outside of Salzburg, but they are.
And they're yummy.
And I have good associations with them, like hiding with Summer in Lily and Claire's room. I don't remember who we were hiding from, but I remember that we had Mozart Balls.
Summer and I had some pretty phenomenal conversations over that trip. About things like eggs and dropping things in showers and complete epic tales of our love lives.
Chorus brought that kind of thing out in us.

I haven't taken my headphones off in a couple hours. They're beginning to hurt a little bit. But I'm in such a musically-obsessed mood that I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: