12.26.2009

the official wintry mix


my room, originally uploaded by csb324.

I've got the whole house playing my official holiday CD right now. I love big sound systems.

Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance! - Sufjan Stevens
Last Christmas - Taylor Swift
Maybe Next Year (X-Mas Song) - Meiko
White Christmas - Katy Perry
Holy, Holy, Holy - Sufjan Stevens
Winter Song - Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson
Frosty the Snowman - Fiona Apple
Charlie Brown Song - Charlie Brown
Baby It's Cold Outside - Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey
Joy to the World - Sufjan Stevens
Winterlove - Parachute
Santa Baby - Taylor Swift
The Friendly Beasts*- Sufjan Stevens
Put the Lights On the Tree - Sufjan Stevens
Christmas Time is Here - A Fine Frenzy

*Potomac kids who are lifers or lifer-esque, I'm sure you remember this song. I was so thrilled to find a version that didn't include 50 first graders resigned to their fate.

Speaking of Potomac kids, three arrive today! I'm picking them up from the train station in half an hour.
I've been sitting with the family and gossiping for the last hour.

Uncle David: That guy died at like, seventy four. He smoked Camel unfiltereds his whole life. But you know, that's how this guy lived. Boom boom boom boom... Boom. He probably died boom-boom-ing.

I realize there are a lot of Davids on this blog. This is David, my mom's youngest brother.

Uncle David (eating yogurt): That guy in the dining room is good looking [he's referring to a picture of my great grandfather].
Me: I know right? He looks like a dorkier late nineteenth century Orlando Bloom!
Dad: Well where do you think you got your good looks? It certainly wasn't from your mom's family.
David: Don, would you like to be killed with a spoon? It's an ugly way to go.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: