12.22.2009

what's up, queen bee?

Steve: What's up queen bee? I like the way you roll!

Steve is my step-uncle. He's like, sixty. I think he read a dictionary of the new hot teen lingo on the plane ride over here.
Mom, Aunt Susan, Uncle Steve, and their kids and I all went on a walk just now. We lost the middle one, Malcolm. He managed to find his way home, naturally, but the guards didn't tell us this.

Mom: Ihre... how do you say walk?
Me: Oh mom are you trying to speak german? Let me help.
Mom: Okay you do it.
Me (in german): So my... her (points at aunt) son... we all went for a stroll, and now... there is only us... have you seen him?
Guard: Hehe... No
Me (still in german): When you see him, can you let him take in?

Let this be an indication of my creative approach to communication. The guard did understand everything I said though, so I consider it a success. Eloquent, no. Effective, yes.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: