8.23.2008

CVS (My home)


I walked to CVS today. First time in ages. It's only a couple blocks away, so I go check it out when I'm low on necessities like gum. Or lip gloss. You know how it is.
What's great is that I can walk around my town in a "stop genocide" t shirt with zero make up on and not feel awkward. I'm never awkward about stopping genocide, but I generally don't go out in t-shirts.
At CVS though, that's just how I roll.
I used to go almost every day. I spend way too much money at CVS. I sort of even got to know some of the people who worked there (it's kind of my dream to work there next summer). One, Natasha, always smiled at me. I like Natasha.
I went the other day, but besides that, I hadn't been to CVS in about two months (what with being at camp, busy with the internship, and then being in nantucket)
Imagine my surprise to show up today and discover that NATASHA IS PREGNANT. And visibly so. This is new.
I'm excited for her. She doesn't know me (except perhaps as that girl who never has her CVS card, but will give you her phone number for the discount), but I kind of want to know if it's a boy or a girl.
Maybe I just have a weird interest in other people's lives...

Love always,
Clara

No comments: