8.04.2008

reinvention

I love summer.
I really do. I've been thinking too much recently about school, and what will happen when I get there. I'm already pumped for homecoming, although I realized just now that since I plan to forgo field hockey in favor of outdoor ed, I won't have any games to *play* in. Whatever. Regardless, I'm painting my face. And then I'll have to scrub that off for the dance... Anyways, whatever. I've done it before, I can do it again.
And this year I can do powderpuff. Chances are I won't actually *play* in that either (athletics and I aren't exactly bffs), but half the fun is just being involved. Cheering. Whatnot. Fun.
Even the classes are going to have some beautiful element of newness. AP Chem? I'm legitimately excited for that class. Someone please tell me, how crazy am I?

Summer, anyways, is good for reinventing yourself. I'm reinventing myself as we speak (or, as I type would be more accurate), deciding all of these things that i WILL be, come september.
Who am I kidding? It is more than likely that I'll show up at school and still be the same person I've always been. It wouldn't be a tragedy (i hope). But really, I'm craving some variety. Not too much. Just enough.
After this summer, which has been its own shade of insane, I can't imagine going back and being the same as last fall. Last fall and this fall are two very different creatures. Last fall sucked, actually, for a variety of reasons. It had its moments, but as a whole, fond memories of fall '07 are few and far between. But I know for a FACT that this fall is going to rock.
That was such a beast alliterative moment. Fs were everywhere.
Maybe I'm delusional.
How better to get pumped for junior year than to redesign my identity anyways?
Don't lie. If you're in school, you're doing it too. It's fun.
Why not?

Love always,
Clara

No comments: