8.17.2008

Pictures

I love them. Taking them, looking at them, being in them. I just spent a while looking at pictures of nantucket. It's like being there in that moment again for me i guess. Which, in the case of nantucket, is mad fun.
Once at camp, I was having a philosophical moment (camp is a big place for these kinds of things), and talking about how time passes. I was filming at the moment (for my camp video [which is posted]) and said "This is all we can do is document it. Look! This is happening! Look at us existing!"
at which point I broke into giggles.
But it's true. Pictures and video, to me they're the only real ways to prove something happened. Writing is biased. Pictures just show what they show, read into that what you will. They show a moment.
I like those moments.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: