8.20.2008

pediatrics

Yes, I still go to a pediatrician. Yes, I am consistently the oldest patient in the waiting room by several years. Usually the 13 year old sister is the second oldest.
What fun. 
Anyway, today was particularly exciting because i got the first shot of the HPV vaccine (after long debate with my mother. the fact is that regardless of my sexual activity NOW (which is what my mom is worried about) (which i'm NOT doing, btw), at some point I might get HPV and I'd rather knock cervical cancer off my list of ways to die.
That's how I see it.
Although the shot hurt like a bitch. I've taken to bringing my iPod places where i'll have to get stuck with needles (doctor, dentist, etc), and I am so beyond glad I had it today.
And I get two more. Lucky me. At least I won't die...

Love always,
Clara

No comments: