8.21.2008

People I once hated

I just talked to the head of my old middle school. He was calling to talk to my parents about my sister (no big deal), but they weren't home so we chatted for a moment. Hilights:

[Phone rings]
Me: Hello?
Mr. S: Hello Clara, how are you?
Me: I'm great, how are you?
Mr. S: I have an ache in my shoulder, and I think I've got that Restless Leg Syndrome
Me: Well that's a shame
Mr. S: I saw the ad and thought to myself "if all these other people have this disease, why can't I?"
Me: I suppose everyone's entitled
Mr. S: So why did you call?

Me: Does my sister have Mr. P? [[Mr. P is my advisor and a middle school science teacher. way cool]]
Mr. S: I can't tell you that! Your sister is an independent woman. She doesn't answer to you
Me: Do you have siblings, Mr S?
Mr. S: Five of them

Mr. S: So are you flying out to Denver soon?
Me: Yeah Grace and I leave wednesday.
Mr. S: I'm a McCain supporter
Me: I might have to hang up on you.

Me: Okay well I'll tell them you called
Mr. S: Vote dubya
Me: Will do. bye.

The funny thing is that all through 7th and 8th grade, none of us were sure what to make of this man. He was the guy who could give you detention and possibly bring you to tears, but also the guy who could make you dance with him (against your will) in the middle of the hallway. He would give you change for the vending machine, but he'd try to swindle you out of a dollar in the process. And he's bald. And Irish.
His daughter is in my grade. I can't imagine living with him. I always just want to know, is he always like that? According to her, he is.
That must be one hilarious family dinner.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: