8.04.2008

Teen Choice Awards!

REPORTING LIVE FROM CLARA'S LIVING ROOM!

8:01- I have decided that dear Miley is not having a good day when it comes to singing live. and the pre-teen girls on the screens in the background lip-synching are hilarious.

8:03- Seriously Miley, chill out....... oh wait, the last ten seconds are pretty good

8:05- Sometimes i think maybe these shows have less to do with what teens actually like and more to do with marketing. But then I realize I'm being paranoid.

8:06- Miley says "Ooh Zac, you look good". In getting everyone pumped, she's sounding a little bit like Oprah. "ARE YOU EXCITED? YOU? I AM!"

8:09- So the associated press is right about these, but they're giving out multiple awards at once? Curious. And i like the wave-looking things in the background. Adds to the surfboard theme.

8:10- Will Smith says he is "confident, but also humble". I guess he doesn't want to fall into the Barack Obama trap. Being confident is now a bad thing.

8:11- Demi Lovato is cute when she's talking about hot people making out. Very awkward.

8:12- Chase Crawford and Ed Westwick are hot. I would make out with them, and then watch Demi Lovato try to talk about it.

8:13- Oh wow, so is whoever plays Dan on Gossip Girl. I should know this. All those guys, anyways, are very attractive

8:14- Rainn calls it the 'Adolescent Decision Awards'! He refuses to eschew obfuscation! He also makes a Cain and Abel reference that probably went over the heads of half of the audience. Interesting story about that later*. Love him.

8:16- the Rainn Wilson love continues. He's talking to Jonas Brothers action figures. He just became my hero.

8:21- There are commercials, and I want a snack. I'll return shortly, if and only if my attention span can handle it.

8:24- Call me typical, but Joe Jonas is sex in a bottle.

8:56- snack was more enticing than this show. I wonder if anyone ever actually surfs on those surf boards?

I give up. this is too much. Hilarious in its own way, but oh my god. Who is entertained by this?

*So I have a friend, who was recommending a book to another friend. This book was called Cain and Abel. And my other friend had never heard of this book (although she was familiar with the story). So the first friend says "Oh my god, I'm sure you've heard of it. They mention it in like, poetry and stuff all the time!". For a moment my other friend thought she meant the bible story (because what else do they mention in poetry all the time?), so she said that. And my first friend was like "No, what are you talking about? No it's a book about these two brothers..."
This book was a reference to the bible story, of course. My friend had NO IDEA.
We had quite a laugh about that one.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: