8.14.2008

I had this theory

when I was younger, that I could fly.
I'd had a dream in which I could fly, and in this dream, i felt a tickle or something in the lower middle bit of my head (presumably in my brain). I logically arrived at the assumption that this was the part of the brain that could control flight.
As a child, I watched too much of the science channel, so I knew that that particular part of the brain was the amygdala, which (of course) was a more primitive part of the brain controlling anger and other instinctive sorts of things. Like flying, i figured. I was seven.
So i supposed if I could jump off the diving board at the country club, and in that mid-air moment activate this dormant primitive part of the brain, and just not hit the water, I'd be flying, easy. As you might guess, it didn't really work...
A lot of crazy things make sense when you're seven.

Sometimes I think this whole reinvention thing is a little like that. Just jump and don't hit the water. Just be someone else. Easier said than done.
But a lot of crazy things make sense when you're sixteen, so i'm sticking with this.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: