8.24.2008

Oh, the good old days

Grace (the 13 year old sister) went to a bat mitzvah tonight. Meaning I got to go dress shopping with her yesterday and put make up on her today. It's fun. She hates half of it, but whatever.

Their grade has had very few parties. She doesn't realize how tragic that is. That was my favorite part of middle school (which is such hell otherwise. 12-14 are not good ages to be)

Real conversation when I was putting make up on her:
Grace: Why do I need make up anyway
Me: So you'll look pretty
Grace: I'm already pretty.
[later]
Me: Don't you want some guy to ask you to dance?
Grace: If he only notices me because I'm wearing make up, I don't want to dance with him anyway. He doesn't know who I am.
Me: [frustrated with this logic, feeling shallow] Well, you're not going to marry him...
Grace: I don't want to dance with someone who's shallow.
Me: Ok whatever. Sit up. You need mascara.

She kind of makes a good point, but I like mascara regardless, and I am aware that there is a shallow part of me. That's fine. 

Love always,
Clara

No comments: