5.30.2009

I love the city.

Went into DC for lunch today with some people. I've realized I've gotten pretty solid at driving there. And being able to parallel park helps. 
Thursday, my parents had a fundraiser and so we had valet parking people to park for the demented suburbia folk. I was coming home from the gym and parked myself because... I'm skilled that way, and it's what I do every day.
Getting out of the car I asked the valet guy whether people were inside (to see if I would have to slip in quietly, since I was sweaty and gym-looking). He said only a few, and then complimented me on my parking  job.
High praise, coming from a professional.
I was very flattered.

I've been a little slacker-ish on the blog lately. Or rather, not slackerish, but less stimulating. Apologies. The blog is my head, you see, and recently I've been refusing to let my head wander the way it likes to, since it seems to like to wander off into places where I would prefer it not go.
That sounds way more morbid than it is. All it means is that I'm stressed out about life, and thus distracting myself with frivolity, which is what osmoses itself into the blog.

I'll try to confront my demons, for your reading pleasure.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: