5.25.2009

So I have this harmonica...

And I'm so excited about it.
No irony or sarcasm is in that statement.
I love the little thing.

So today I was walking to the photo place to pick up my holgapics (they're on facebook, if you're curious. The ones from this weekend came out pretty nicely, although the second roll didn't turn out at all. I guess I didn't realize it was too dark out. Shame) and I decided to bring the harmonica with me. I take a shortcut so I'm not on the main street for long, and I figured why not?

I'm walking around with my harmonica trying to play "Love is little" (Shaker song, butt of a 'littleness' joke a while ago) or "You set me free" (Michelle Branch, I'm actually 12 years old by the way) or "Just Dance" (Lady Gaga of course, and I totally did succeed at kind of playing that the other day and it was so cool, just so you know) and I begin to feel maybe I'm disturbing the peace or something.

So.
Is there a code of conduct for harmonica players?
Should there be?

In exchange for that question, I'll answer one that has been burning inside of me for years.
The Question: When/Where do bagpipe players practice? (seeing as they are very loud)
The Answer: On grassy areas outside elementary schools
The Backstory: I was in the car driving up to the metro station (I think I was on the way to pick up Vivian [who has now been mentioned. Happy?]) and I drove by a local elementary school. There were two guys standing outside of it, on the grass. One was playing a bagpipe. The other was conducting, I suppose. And I thought to myself, "So that's how they do it!"

Pleased to be able to enlighten you.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm not happy. just a mention? TELL THE PEOPLE OF WORLD HOW AMAZING I AM

i want a real story about me. i'm special (you make me feel special when i'm on here. i give you permission to talk about my boys (all of them. in code of course)