5.02.2009

What a day.

Between SAT2s and this Sadie's nonsense tonight (and I mean nonsense with the best possible connotations- I am, after all, an absurdist. I live for nonsense), this has been/will be a hectic day of highs and lows.

I just got a pedicure. I had kind of wanted to calm myself down (seeing as I am stressed out like no other right now, which is very unlike me, and in that regard, incredibly frustrating) but it backfired because the lovely pedicure woman was obsessed with whipping my toes into shape.
Not that they're out of shape or anything, but she took a kind of militant approach to my cuticles.
And when I tried to tell her it hurt, she thought I said the water was too hot, so started running my feet under cold water.
No thank you.

So that was super, and now I'm at home figuring out how to be preppy. 

Shocking that I'd almost forgotten. I went through a hardcore prep phase between 7th and 8th grades, extending a little into freshman year. 

Quote without context-
Me: Mom, if you were twenty, single, at [the country club], and trying to seduce someone... while playing tennis, what would you wear?

Real conversation yesterday at May Day:
David: Is that [redacted]'s sister?
Me: Yeah I think so.
David: That was mean of him to hog all the good looks.

Too funny.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: