9.18.2009

Again, I rant on education.


This is so true and you should just watch it because it's great and insightful and wonderful.

Real Conversation-
Me: Hey, do you guys think school kills creativity?
Clemens: School kills my sex life.
Me: Huh. Interesting.
Clemens: Yeah. Hey, do you know what happens when you put a book in the freezer?

I'm thinking somehow he's managed to retain his... creativity... or... something. I'm not sure what prompts someone to put a book into a freezer but I can promise you it is nothing advocated by the modern educational system.
Which I'm going to say is a good thing.

Did you know that for your Theory of Knowledge Essay you can't alter a single word of the question when you present it?
Or that you're not to staple the aforementioned essay either?
We spent a solid twenty minutes changing topics such as "Paranormal clams" or "H1N1" to questions like "How can we know that the knowledge presented by paranormal witnesses can be acknowledged, with knowledge?" or "To what extent to we know that Swine flu is going to kill off the IB completely and make the world a better, less arbitrary place"

Love always,
Clara

No comments: