9.22.2009

Cuteness

I've decided to take ice skating lessons for my final athletic credit. Take that, athletic department. I am capable of taking your worst mandates, adding a little hot chocolate, and making it wonderful.

Max already knew that my dad had nine fingers. He said it was on the wikipedia page. Well, I just checked and it's not, or maybe not anymore. So I googled "Don Beyer fingers" to see where else that information would be.
Then I found this article from the '97 election. The beginning has some discussion of the car tax issue that was so pivotal to that race (and why we lost, although upon reading the article I realized the situation was more complicated than what I was told at the time- to be fair, I was five)
The second half of the article, on the other hand, basically explains exactly why people like my dad. My mom and I were reading it just now and we were like, "Yep, he is that awesome in real life"
But I just found out today that he scored ten points higher than me on the SATs. That bastard. He would.

Also, it had this picture-
Woman in red? My mother, twelve years ago.
And that kid in the blue dress? Five-year-old Clara. I think I was stepping on her feet or something.

EDIT: Dad says the article had it wrong, and he actually got a 712 on the Critical Reading section, so I beat him. He says these are not the kinds of numbers one forgets. I didn't know they used to give scores that weren't multiples of ten.

Love always,
Clara

3 comments:

Katie said...

You're family is so cool.

Other thing I noticed: my dad's mom's name is Nancy too!

Katie said...

omg I just wrote "you're family"

I am so ashamed.

Katie said...

Third comment...
So I just did the math for your dad's SAT score compared to yours.
(1580/1600)2400= 2370.
So, percentage-wise, you guys got the same score.
No one's going to read this, but whatever.