9.12.2009

More of the same...

I've realized a lot of my recent blog posts have been about either music or nostalgia.
Well guess what I have for you today? Music and nostalgia!
The new playlist of choice-

Face Down - Katie Todd Band
Spinning - Katie Todd
Engine Heart - Mirah
Pardon Me - The Blow
Parentheses - The Blow (this song is but one component of the epic Fish Tacos song that Sam made me obsessed with)
Blame it On Me - Parachute
On the Radio - Regina Spektor
Off I Go - Greg Laswell
Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
One Love (feat. Estelle) - David Guetta
When Love Takes Over (feat. Kelly Rowland) - David Guetta
Fake Empire - The National
Keep the Car Running - Arcade Fire
Celebration Guns (remixed by Camouflage Nights) (feat. Kevin Drew) - Stars
Calendar Girl - Stars

Now for the nostalgia!
That first song- Face Down- is an incredible song and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes songs, which I believe is most everyone.*
I first discovered Pandora.com freshman year. Mr P told the advisory about it. So I went on and said I liked Vanessa Carlton and that was that. We had a lot of really good times together, freshman-year Pandora and I.
Pandora's great because it recommends music you would never have even encountered otherwise. It send along the song Face Down by Katie Todd Band, for example, and I loved it. It spoke to me, I suppose. So I went on iTunes to download it and it wasn't there. So I thought, okay, no big deal, I can find it on limewire (because this was back in the days that I downloaded music illegally, before it ended up making patrick quite sick). But it wasn't on limewire either. So to listen to this song on command, I had to go to the Katie Todd Band website and click the damn button over and over again, which I did, because I loved the song.

I loved it so much that I blogged about it on May 20, 2007.

5.20.2007
Peace of mind...
...is all i want
I wanna make some time for wasting
(FACE DOWN by Katie Todd Band)

the stress got to me. and i freaked out. and i yelled at my parents. and they deserved it. and they took away my phone. and then they gave it back. and i don't think you're allowed to start a sentence with the word "and".
basically, i freaked out.
my parents were being idiots.
end of story.


End of freshman year blog post. I don't remember why my parents deserved it, or why they thought they could take my phone away, or any of these things, but I remember that line of that song bouncing around in my head, shouting almost.

So today I was having an iTunes binge, and guess what I stumble upon? Katie Todd Band. Totally randomly, too- it was a 'related artist' to Mirah, who was a 'related artist' to The Blow, which I had only looked up for the Fish-Tacos connection.
Basically, life is dragging me in circles. But I love this song and am so thrilled about it.

Also, today I bought new shoes.
It's been a really good day.

Love always,
Clara

*tangent of the day! This one time, even before I listened to Pandora, I was thirteen, and I was at Isabella's house. Or rather, I think she was having some kind of party, because there were a lot of people there, and we had to take several cars to get to wherever we were going. I was in the car with her brother and also the incredibly musically sophisticated Cath. So they were having this incredibly musically sophisticated conversation, and I was feeling very ignored.**
So I resolve to jump into the conversation somehow. And I say, "Yeah... songs are great."
Which definitely impressed John. I could tell.

**Does saying 'tangent of the day' imply that there's only one? Because I feel that I must add, this was only months after this Real Conversation over the phone, in seventh or eighth grade-
Isabella: Hold on, let me put my brother on the phone
Me: What? Why? No!
Isabella: Okay here he is!
John: Who am I talking to?
Isabella: (in the background) IT'S CLARA! SHE THINKS YOU'RE HOT!
Me: ... um... hi John...

At the time, very embarrassing. Now? Still kind of embarrassing, but also hilarious.

No comments: