9.21.2009

Music... again.

The latest playlist:

Blue Suitcase - Erin McCarley
Steer - Missy Higgins
Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennen
Bruised - Jack's Mannequin
July, July! - The Decemberists
Spectacular Views - Rilo Kiley
We are Golden - MIKA

The chorus of "We are Golden" makes me want to jump up and down and scream it. Some songs make me want to assert my existence. This is one of those songs. Also, "Our Time" and "Brat Pack" and "Face Down" and "Come on Eileen" and of course "American Pie" by Imperial Teen, The Rocket Summer, Katie Todd Band, Save Ferris, and Don McLean, respectively.

I sort of miss McLean, speaking of McLean. Last time I went to Greenberry's was the tuesday before I left. I haven't had an adequate iced latte in longer than that. In fact, last time I was there I spilled my Italian soda on myself and it was really embarrassing because I was already sitting there by myself being completely spastic.
Well, I've done far weirder things at Greenberry's.

I also miss CVS. I keep getting these weird flashes, images of places in Old Town. CVS turns up a lot. They're kind of weird, these flashes, actually.
My theory- my mind can't handle being truly separated from home, so it gives me just enough stimulation to remember where I really live. Like I have to fill a quota of thoughts about America, and so my brain just flashes these pictures in front of my eyes to trick me into thinking I'm back for a moment.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I need to get my head checked.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: