9.14.2009

School days

Curiously, my two major classes, English and German, have become otherwise identifiable as Sex and Alcohol (because Alkohol ist das dressing fur deinen kopfsalat).

Real conversations afoot-
Halima: Does Donne have the same intentions with his more religious poetry?
Herr M-T: Well, I don't think he had THAT kind of interest in Jesus Christ...

We're reading Break of Day by Donne. The speaker of the poem is a woman, although the author was a man.

Herr M-T: Of course, it's only a man's perception of the woman's voice
Julien: And it's kind of inaccurate. The arguments are too... logical
Every girl in the room: *gasp* Excuse me?

Oh the misogyny.

The a cappella group that I'm starting has a sign-up flyer, and that sign-up flyer goes up tomorrow. I'm really hoping
1) There is interest. I've heard about three people tell me for sure that they want to join, but I'm hoping more will sign up
2) That the people who are interested are reasonably able. Not that I in any way doubt my fellow International-schoolers, but we can't afford auditions, so we take what we can get. That's a royal 'we', because right now it's still just me.

Now I also want to start a STAND chapter here, because we would be the first in Switzerland, and that's pretty cool if you ask me.
Anyone at Potomac want to remind me that I was not in any of these clubs/activities when I was at home and should stop being such a goddamn overachiever?

Also, I have a student council meeting tomorrow and yearbook meeting soon after.
Why am I doing this? Because I have literally nothing better to do.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Katie said...

Stop being such a goddamn overachiever! Seriously, you're making me feel like such a slacker! haha. good luck with a capella.