9.02.2009

I definitely have a cold.

Or perhaps some sort of allergy-related event.

Me: Mom why do you always put stuff on chairs?
Mom: Because I'm a bad, bad person.

I came home and took another accidental-nap. And as always, I felt terrible upon waking up. Why do I always do that?

Mom: I like it when you're sick. You get all childish and dependent
Me: That sounds suspicious
Mom: I understand why those Munchausen women do it.

What she meant, of course, is Munchausen by Proxy. Duh.
Today I discovered the Ig Nobel Prize. It's hilarious and I can't describe it so instead I'll just link to wikipedia.

I have written a college application and my Mom likes it. So there, world. You can't mess with me, my Mom likes my essays!

German class was fun today. We read a newspaper article about teen drinking in Germany.
Dhruv: Gibt es drinking games in Deutchland?
Herr M: There are no drinking games. They don't need a reason to get drunk, they just do.

Then we listened to a song called "Alkohol" which in Germany is apparently very famous. It actually contains the line, "Alkohol ist das dressing fur deinen kopfsalat!" which basically means "Alcohol is the dressing for your head-salad."
The Germans really like their beer. I think they're second only to Ireland in terms of beer-consumption-per-capita

Love always,
Clara

No comments: