9.10.2009

What did you make? I DREW YOU UP!

I don't think it's in any way unethical to post this on the internet.
This is word-lingo's translation of my German homework. It makes me seriously doubt the abilities of online translators, as well as the abilities of my brain. Both are definitely in peril.

The assignment, for some vague context, is a class project. We are to write a short skit about the problems associated with underage drinking in Europe (continuing our baffling theme of alcohol abuse discussions in German class. You think they're trying to say something?). Dhruv and I are writing scene three-

Scene 3, police station

Policeman 1: Ok one. Can you explain me why you age lady geschlagt?
Alex: I was drunk.
Sophie: I also.
Policeman 1: Why did you drink so much?
Alex: We had problems at school.
Sophie: The other children are bad. The other children say that we blöd are, and that we do not look so good. Alex is my only friend.
Alex: This girl is my UNITY befriends!
Sophie: , Also today we have Maths Classe. The other children made project, but we do not have. Our teacher was very zornig with us… it is me voil-lie all the same. I hate school.
Alex: My nut/mother me does not love. She says that I is too thickly. Never cook you mean favourite eat.
Policeman 1: Do you often drink?
Sophie: (Long one traces)… Yes
Alex: Are one year. Please they do not call our parents!
((Parents occurs))
Father: Why did you make that? Why did you entäuscht us?
Nut/mother: (schluchzend) my small girl! What did you make? I drew you up!
Policeman 2: When I was young, I had experimented also with alcohol. It was a short phase. Each young person has it. From now on, you must control yourself.

There will be more. But midway through I wanted to check it, to be sure we were on the right track.
Well, either we're way off, or wordlingo.com has some pretty serious problems. Or both.

Love always,
Clara

P.S. I'm labeling this 'real conversations', although the conversation did not actually take place, to the best of my knowledge.

No comments: