9.02.2009

Things I learned today

In german, a hangover is the same word as a male cat.

Me: Mom, you know what I learned today? That in germany they call a hangover a male cat, a 'Kater'
Mom: Oh, like bitch is a female dog. I'm glad there's a male... negative term... that refers to a pet...
Me: Yeah that had to happen one of these days.

The IB system is horribly impersonal. Hey you kids at Potomac: Relish the fact that the people grading your essays are people you know! There is nothing at all personal about it. The IB does not know that you are charming or that you are showing improvement from last semester. It only knows that you are probably not good enough.

Although with that Potomac education, I bet we could all take those tests and rock them.
Still. It's like having an entire educational system based on the SAT. Makes no sense.
Maybe it's just that way here, at my little disorganized but endearing school outside the city by the warehouses. I don't know.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: