2.23.2010

and I'm the dumbarse?

I'm talking to Robert while he writes an essay. That's always fun.
Robert
i'll need you for the limitations paragraph later on
me
i don't know anyting about heart transplants
Robert
you are admitted to a hospital right?
me
well yes
heart transplant is not something they can do in your living room
Robert
it was about the usage of the word admitted
dumbarse
me
hahahaha ohhh
and i'm the dumbarse?
at least i know how to speak english
You know what bothers me? People who say "arse." It used to seem sort of cool and british but a bit annoying. Then I discovered something. It's not pronounced "Arse" when people who are legitimately foreign say it. It's pronounced "ass". But they think the way Americans say "ass" sounds overly nasal, so they threw an R into the word.
So "Arse" isn't a word. And if you say "Arse" and pronounce the R, you're being silly. The 'R' is not supposed to be there. "Arse" is a word that people with accents made up so that they could say the word "Ass" and still sound a bit pretentious.

[Yes, I'm aware that to them, I have an accent, and I'm aware that there are about two hundred other flaws with my argument, but the basic point is, do not let me hear you say 'ARRse' because I will do this whole rant all over again, to your face, with feeling]

Love always,
Clara

No comments: