2.25.2010

work work work can be fun

Edward Burger: So this term goes to zero, and this term goes to zero, and it looks like all the terms are going to zero but it hasn't! The -1 remains! And it lives on to tell the children about the massacre.

I like thinking of numbers as people. Sometimes I like those people. Sometimes, I want to massacre them. When I'm finding the limit of certain equations, I can!

Edward Burger: I'm going to pretend to be a calculus student. Not you, someone else. A bit of role play here. In fact, I'm going to use my calculus student nom de plume, which really just means I'll use a different color marker. That's a bit of french. I'll teach you french! I'll teach you spanish too. Hola! Me llamo Eduardo.

I'm doing german homework right now. It's great. I have to talk for three minutes about a picture, and make up a story.
This is what I've written so far, according to Google Translate.
Here is a sad mother.
it's a beautiful day in the small village. it is a Sunday and the church brings people together. But the mother, the very image god, she can not go to church. She has too many poor children and the children always make trouble. The church must always have peace.
Yesterday, the priest said to mutter, "My wife, her children can not come to church applied early morning."
The mother was very sad.
Today is the Sunday market. A man buys bread. You buy a different fruits. The children want to have fruits, but his mother says, "If they remained at home"
You say, "No!" and they run everywhere. They are very stupid. They have great pay and they are not so nice. There are ten children.
The mother says, "Come back to them!" and they say, "No, never! Ahahaha!"
The smallest girl runs from the village. Tonight, the mother will look for their children and she would find nine. The girl who is not so stupid, very intelligent, they would find another family. You'll be glad.
I feel like there's something almost poetic about using such simple language. Although that's not why I do it. I do it because I don't know enough german to get any more complex.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: