2.16.2010

just you and me.

Edward Burger: Let's see if we can do some fantasy math here. No one's around, it's just the two of us.

If Edward Burger were anything other than an online math teacher, I'd be sketched out by that comment.

Yesterday I went over to Danny's house with some people to watch guys play video games and then watch The Hangover. It felt very John's-Basement, which was nice. Danny's 9th grade brother even hung around, just like old times! Except no one else understood why that was a sort of nostalgic coincidence for me.

Emily (my fellow american, whom everyone calls a 'beaner' because she has some Mexican roots) went to the military base in Germany yesterday. She told me all about it.

Emily: CLARA YOU HAVE TO GO. It's the greatest thing! There's a Macaroni Grill!
Me: A what? Like, a grill? That grills macaroni? Whattt?
[Emily explains that it's a restaurant]
Emily: And there's a Chili's! And a taco bell!
Matt: Haha! The beaner is excited about taco bell! Food from her homeland!
Emily: Um I didn't even eat taco bell. I did have fajitas at Chili's though...

I really want to go to this base now. They have all these American stores and restaurants and such, and I'm sort of craving that at the moment.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: