2.04.2010

creativity-action-service

The CAS things are due tomorrow. Everyone is freaking out about signatures and supervisors and hours and reflections and such. I literally just started using the online-manager today. It's dandy.
This blog is "evidence" in several cases.

Honestly though, I have an issue with CAS. I don't like the idea that you have to have a supervisor for everything. I would have thousands of creativity-hours if I didn't need a supervisor. National Novel Writing Month? I think that's creativity. Holgapics? Definitely.
Although creativity isn't my issue. My issue is service. That's my own problem, I suppose, and I'll accept that.

I still hate the fact that the system assumes we are incapable of being productive unless someone signs off on it for us. It's all so condescending. Another flaw of the IB system though- Ms C could probably take our words for it that we don't just sit like potatoes all day after school, but the International Baccalaureate headquarters don't know us.
Everything is so impersonal.

One of the things I've realized I value the most about Potomac is that we're judged in context. Improvement is noted. Circumstances are u|nderstood. The IBO just looks at your paper and says "Well, that isn't good enough. Criteria!"

I hate the word "criteria." It's everywhere here. And it's generally some kind of nebulous thing pretending to be specific. "Understanding of Key Terms."
... What?

Gah. School. Life. Whatever.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: