2.08.2010

that poem is such a whore

This is a 100% real conversation. We were in english class, saying how in order to do an oral commentary, it's more important to prove that you know about the poem than say why you like it.

Mr M-T: You don't have to like the poem, you just have to know how to talk about it.
Mariam: That feels like gossip.
Me: Yeah, but you're just saying facts. You're not like "Oh, did you hear what that poem did last night?"
George: Hmm, well... Did you hear what that poem did last night? ... It got lyrical!

I cracked up at that. I really did.

Tomorrow, student council begins our valentines day card/flower sale. I plan on sending a lot of cards (mostly anonymous). Can't say who I'll send 'em to though. Wait and see.

For now, I'm trying to help Robert figure out what to say to his potential lover on her valentine's day card.
clara
idk, don't use words like "enjoy" and "half term"
Robert
what's wrong with them?
clara
they're just not sexy
Robert
"It's sexy spending time with you. I'll take you to the movies when I return from Singapore"
clara
YES.
I like that wording much better.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: