2.13.2010

patrick is freaking out

Here's a fun game (for some of you). I'm taking Patrick the white 13 inch Macbook (bought in 2006) to the apple store in Zurich.
He's sick.
If one of you can figure out what is wrong with him before I leave the apple store, I'll give you a prize and an awesome shoutout. (Note: the prize might be the shoutout)
  • Patrick makes a weird clicking noise persistently when waking up from being asleep. He always made those laptop-opening noises, but these are LOUD and have led the boys in the student lounge to believe my Patrick doubles as a vibrator.
  • The CPU has panic attacks every once in a while. I have the Activity Monitor icon on my dock showing me my CPU usage (Note: I have no idea what that even means), and sometimes the whole thing is covered in green and red and Patrick gets a fever.
  • My battery lasts about ten minutes. It pretends it's not about to die, and then it dies. I've had to use Patrick plugged in for the past couple weeks.
  • The disc drive doesn't work. It won't take CDs. It's like there's physically something blocking it at one point.
I did the software update which helped for like, a day, and I thought that would be the end of this story, but all of the problems came back. I'm really not a fan.

So that's my big mission for the day. Patrick may get a baby brother or sister, that's how dire the situation seems to me right now. It's been a good three years.

Yesterday was a funny day.

Lyna: Clara, I saw you!
Me: (confused) Um... I see you now, Lyna!
George: Hehe avatar. I see you.
Me: Ahahaha oh yes, I see you Lyna! I see into your soul!

George will always be there with an Avatar joke.
George always tips his hat.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: