2.28.2010

stressin'

I've decided I'm stressed out and that's my problem.
  1. Worry or anxiety
  2. Confusion, and an inability to concentrate or make decisions
  3. Feeling ill
  4. Feeling out of control or overwhelmed by events
  5. Being more lethargic
  6. Mood changes:
  • Depression
  • Frustration
  • Hostility
  • Helplessness
  • Impatience & irritability
  • Restlessness
(via a link from my psych course)
I feel like all of that describes me pretty well right now.
What's frustrating is that on the very next page, it talks about "Optimizing Stress."
See, in my head, that sounds like saying, "Wow, those Nazis sure were efficient! Maybe we could put them to good use!"

Just no.

However, I am going to start trying to manage my stress. Goodbye, redbull at lunch. I'm going to start drinking more tea, eating more oranges, doing more cardio, and possibly seeking soy milk, which is hard to find in Switzerland.
Anyone else have any tips?

I find it ironic that at the moment I feel most stressed, my psychology unit is about stress management. Thanks, psychology!

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

inkprincess said...

:) Psychology is always a good thing ... I think trying to do something about it, even if you don't know whether it's gonna work, is always better than waiting for the mood to pass. So much for psychology ... ;)