2.02.2010

lockdown, and a bad mood

We just had a "lockdown" at school, in which we simulate some crazy person with a gun and a lot of anger coming into the school. We have to close the windows (?), shut the door, and hide under the (bulletproof, clearly) tables.
We managed to survive. Somehow.

I'm in a bad mood this morning. My class is loud. The student lounge is essentially a zoo. The school doesn't respect us and we don't respect it and when our computers are broken, no one fixes them. And because our computers are broken, people feel like it's okay to throw keyboards across the table, because, hey, it's not working anyway. And then the school says "Oh look how little they respect technology! Let's not fix their computers!"
And they don't fix the printer either, and going down to the library to print is a giant waste of time, as I learned this morning. It takes ten minutes to sign in, another five to pull up what you want, and then another five for the computer to tell you that something is "unconfigured", at which point you are already late for english and will have to wing your presentation without notes because this is not going to work.
And then after english you go to the student lounge and everyone is shouting and such and you play Bejeweled for an hour because you don't want to deal with it. And people complain about Mr B for whatever reason, when they don't realize that he's one of the few teachers at this school who actually respects our opinions.
(Although he could pay a little more attention to them.)
(Or make an effort to change the general attitude toward us. Maybe he's trying. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.)

Also, facebook is blocked. This is not okay.

I'm really frustrated with the school and the class and most of the people I interact with. Maybe the problem is me, maybe I'm just in a bad mood lately. I don't know.
I'm trying to keep my sanity. I shouldn't be freaking out. there really is no need. But it's one of those days where I feel overstimulated and everything needs to stop.

Now I'm listening to Tegan and Sara.
Sigh.
I haven't done my German homework either.
I should get on that.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Katie S said...

Teagan and Sara make everything better. : ) xx