2.08.2010

thanks, kiosk man.

This story of human connection is in two parts.

Part 1: last week I had some time before my morning tram, so I went to the Kiosk to buy some gum. I was probably stumbling through my German pretty badly, because the Kiosk man asked me, "sprichts du francosich?" or something like that, to which I (sheepishly) said "nein... English."

He smiled and told me to have a nice day.
That is part one.

Part 2: today, again, I had time before my tram, and I was out of gum, so I went back. That particular Kiosk is close to my tram stop, so it makes sense.
So I go and buy some gum and a diet coke and I pay and everything and at the end of the transaction, the guy says "Have a nice day!"
He then explained (in English about as bad as my German) that he recognized my headphones (which are pretty recognizable).

Highlight of my morning? Yes. I'm on the tram right now but I had to blog this. It was beautiful. People rock sometimes.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: