2.11.2010

more music from thomas

I feel like such a musical anglophile right now, although I'm not sure all of these bands are British. Regardless, I just had an iTunes moment (at school, no less) and have downloaded the following, based on Thomas's recommendations.

I Felt Stupid - The Drums
Airplanes - Local Natives
Norway - Beach House
Black Wax - Dananananaykroyd
Modern Girls & Old Fashion Men - The Strokes & Regina Spektor
Someday - The Strokes
Laura - Girls
Rainbowarriors - CocoRosie
2080 - Yeasayer
Ambling Alp - Yeasayer
Little Shadow - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Skeletons - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Also just downloaded, on David's recommendations,
Paris Nights/New York Mornings - Corinne Bailey Rae

If you want more of David's music tastes, predictions, and insights, he's started a blog of his own that I highly recommend. Legit, it's in my bookmarks. And that's legit, yo.

In closing, let me share a quote from my psychology textbook.
Indeed, the more a person's baseline frontal lobe activity tilts left, the more upbeat the person typically is. (When you're happy and you know it, your brain will surely show it.)
Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Katie S said...

I love "Laura" by the Girls.
And being the biggest Regina Spektor fan the world knows, I absolutely love "Modern Girls & Old Fashion Men."
I also love Beach House and "Norway."