12.02.2008

All in the family

I spent an unusual amount of time hanging out with the sister today. I had one requirement, or I would threaten to go upstairs and (shock and horror) do my homework. She had to sit. She likes to pace, but it makes me nervous and it's hard to hear her and I can't tell if she's paying attention. So I made her sit.
She did.
Then I explained some chemistry to her and we talked about how to build a bomb.
Hypothetically. And I feel like that's a dangerous thing to say on the internet.
Disclaimer: I did not intend to actually build said bomb. We were just discussing what would happen if you turned on all of the gas faucets in the science wing and lit a match... which only sounds more suspicious... point is, we aren't actually going to do it. I promise.

Mom made a blog today. Or rather, I made it for her, but it was her stylistic input, so she gets a little credit.

I was at school for all the daylight hours today. Drove over in the blue hour, drove home at dusk. It's a strange feeling, knowing you might be wasting your life reading The Scarlet Letter and reviewing trigonometric identities, hidden from that daylight.
But I must admit, driving to school before the sun rises is an amazing feeling. I don't know why, but it is definitely the highlight of my tuesday.

I was looking at colleges' websites the other day, and one mentioned getting up early to walk to class in the snow, and how sometimes that sucks. But I kind of think it would be cool. I got an image of myself stepping out of the dorm and seeing snow on the ground, the sun coming up, and grabbing a bit and eating it, because I'm a five year old, and then giggling.
Just because that's how I see myself. And I doubt I'll grow up that much before college.
I may be destined to be something of a five year old forever. I don't mind.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: