12.31.2008

Demetri!

So yesterday we went to this restaurant on the mountain, and we had to take like, a sleigh to get there. Our sleigh-supervisor man was this guy.
At first I thought he looked like Ed Westwick
Then he introduced himself.
"My name is Demitri, and I am from south africa, and I have wrestled a lion with my bare hands... No I haven't; I'm not that tough"
HIS NAME IS DEMITRI.
As in Demitri from Anastasia.
Or Demetri Martin, my future husband.
So I was excited.

Then, today, guess who is on our chair on the lift?
DEMITRI!
So after a couple minutes of awkwardness and trying to subtly take a picture, I comment that we're fifteen chairs from the top. Because I'm a dork and when I sit on chairlifts, I do chairlift math. I tell Victoria this. And, as I had secretly hoped, HE JOINS THE CONVERSATION.
And we had a fifteen second conversation about how I figured that out, and how if I'm REALLY bored, I time how long it takes for one chair to pass to get an estimate of how much longer I'll be on the lift.
He understood.
We're getting married.
And he snowboards!
And he's hilarious. 
And I'll never see him again... Alas. I want Vivian to know though, I found my demitri. Demitri the south-african charming snowboarder who likes numbers like I do.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: