12.01.2008

December...

Expect my posts to be longer, more interesting and thought out, and overall better.
I'm in writing withdrawal, so all of the interestingness that used to go into my novel is now... here.

I'm done with my homework and have already taken a shower (plus, tonight I decided to do the whole exfoliate-shave-tanning moisturizer thing even though it's winter. so this shower process was time-consuming) ALREADY. Usually my first thought would be "Okay cool, time to go work on the novel", but there is no novel to be written. 
I plan to edit it, of course, but that is happening in January. I need to distance myself for a little bit. To gain perspective, you know.

Today I found myself pretending to play hackey-sack (how do you spell that?) with a random bunch of guys in my grade and freshmen. I hadn't intended to. I had intended to find Kayla and whoever she was hanging out with in the East Building. But I found hackey-sack instead of kayla, and was given an opening in their large circle. Which was cool until the guys in my grade started being INCREDIBLY MEAN to me.
Okay, not really. They're sexist jerks, whatever, I thought it was funny. But of course, to protect my dignity, I acted shocked and appalled.
Then Kayla and Nikki showed up, so I had an exit.

I have this weird feeling that every day I wake up with the same delusion, and by the end of the day I'm proven wrong. Time and time again, I'm disappointed by reality.

I wonder if Five Guys has veggie burgers. Probably not.
Why am I thinking about that?
I suppose it's because I was thinking just now about my vegetarianism and how I can't imagine eating meat again, except the occasional bite of turkey at thanksgiving, which I intend to make a tradition. And I'm coming to terms with the fact that I can probably never again eat mashed potatoes.
(If you factor in all of the past and present code names in that last sentence, oh it means so much more)
But literally it's true. And so I was contemplating other circumstances under which I might be tempted to eat meat... the only thing I could think of was Five Guys. I've resisted so far though.

This post will probably prove the uninterestingness of my novel, to convince all of you who think it is a thing worth reading that you are horribly wrong.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: