12.03.2008

Problem solved

On November 12, I wondered what the third line of Elgar's "As Torrents in Summer". Well, as if to answer my prayer, Mr. R has decided to have us sing that song again this year. We sang it today. The third line, the one I couldn't remember is "Half-dried  in their channels".
I love that song. So much. It is among the most sunny hopeful songs I know.

What just happened (I'm sitting in History)
Ms. M: James, you have a big smile on your face.
James: Is there something wrong with that?
Ms. M: No, I was just wondering
James: It's afternoon in America, you know?

And just now:
Ms. M: They began sexual division of labor. Oh wait, I should rephrase that.

We laughed.
Also, Mr. R brought up "suddenly rice" again. I cracked up, just like I did six months ago... the last time he made a sudden-rice joke.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: