4.25.2009

A Decision.

I've been told all I have to do is decide.
So I've decided it's summer.
Because it's hot in my room on the top floor and I'm listening to mellow summer music and it's the kind of thing that makes me want to just ditch life and go to Nantucket.

The music in question- just downloaded the following
Good People - Jack Johnson
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Jack Johnson
Speak to me Gently - Future of Forestry
A Lack of Color - Death Cab for Cutie
Beating My Heart - Jon McLaughlin
Campus - Vampire Weekend
I'm Ready - Jack's Mannequin
Rescued - Jack's Mannequin
Black Balloon - The Goo Goo Dolls*

*This was introduced to me by the wonderfully talented Mixed Company. Rock on guys. Way to pick awesome songs (and sing them well).

I'm good at making decisions. 

Maybe that's a lie.

Oh, so my neighbors hate teenagers. They think we're unreliable and generally scandalous individuals. I think their kids were a little wild. Anyway, they feel comfortable telling me this. I'm not sure if they do it for the irony or because they had forgotten for quite a while that I myself am one of these monsters.
So today I was getting into the car with the sister to drive her to a friend's house. So, real conversation-

Wife: Oh, where are you guys going?
Husband: When will you be back? Who will you be with? Do we know their parents?

I like it when people are self-aware enough to make fun of themselves.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: